Saturday, May 3, 2008

Really need to learn to keep up

Ok well like I said I really need to learn to keep up on the blog thing. So February well what really happened? Oh that was the month of hospital visits. My grandmother was in the hospital due to internal bleeding. Her blood level kept dropping and they kept her for three days to run tests. They stabilized her and sent her home. I was hoping that it would be the last hospital visit of the year, boy was I mistaken. About three days later I got a call that informed me that my father was in the hospital. He had a major infection surrounding his heart and his defibrillator. The doctor had to go in and remove the defibrillator in order to get to the infection. Six hours of surgery but that way they could treat the infection. So I had to take the week off from work and go down to Virginia to help take care of my father. It was not a bad trip and my doctor said that I would be fine to drive down but I would not have been able to fly out to Utah for Missy's wedding. It was a good thing due to the fact that it was that weekend that I had to leave to go see my dad in the hospital. I came home on Dave's birthday so that we would be together. It was a rushed trip however it was needed. Dad is doing good and they plan on putting a new defibrillator in at the end of May.

No comments: