Saturday, May 3, 2008

Only me

Thursday my first day with the new car. I got to show it to a few people and of course I drove it down to the insurance company so that they could do the picture inspection. The problem I found was that when I would go to stop, the steering wheel would shake every time I would brake. Not good for a car that we just got a few hours ago. I called the sales rep back and told her about the problem. It had to go in on Friday for the window so she said they could just look at it then. So I really did not drive anywhere the rest of the day due to the shaking. So Friday morning I get up and take the car to the dealership. By one in the afternoon I had not heard anything from them I called and they were going to call me back in fifteen mins. So three hours later I called back and finally was informed that he car would be ready at eight thirty and they had to replace the brakes on the whole car (front and back pads and new rotors). Ok so I asked about the chip in the window I was then informed that the chip had been sealed by the prior owner and the dealership was refusing to replace the window. They want me to make an insurance claim and have the insurance company replace the window. Not happy at all so Dave is taking it up with the higher ups of North Town. So I got the car and left the dealership.






JUST MY LUCK

Just about two blocks away from the dealership is the intersection of N falls Blvd and Sheridan drive. I was stopped at the red light on Sheridan wouldn't you know a big Chevy Silverado fails stop and goes about 20mph into my new cars back end. MY NEW CAR. . . .MY BABY. . . So we pull over I am in tears called Dave he was driving his truck home and told him where to meet me. The guy that hit me was all in my face and wanted to solve it personally without the police or the insurance companies OH NO so I called the police. The Tonawanda police responded and were unable to do anything because it happened on Amherst side of the intersection. So we waited an hour for the Amherst police to show up. They gave us a complaint # and an exchange of information form. So I called the doctor and drove straight to the hospital to make sure the baby was ok. Everything was fine with the baby so they let me go home after about three hours. Only I could drive two blocks away from the dealership and have a car accident. My baby though is never going to drive. Two car accidents and he is not even born yet. So now we have to go through the insurance for the new car and we have not even gotten the accident from Easter resolved. . . JUST MY LUCK


So the new car now has three dents on the back door, blue paint all over the bumper, and a whole bunch of scratches and dings. wow could I at least make the first car payment or even own the car for more than two days prior to it having to be fixed? I guess not.

2 comments:

Stickman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~ Amy said...

Wow, exciting times! Some good some not so good. I am glad you and the baby are okay - like you aren't stressed enough without someone hitting your car! Are you getting excited for the baby? I will be bringing some things for the baby when I come up at the end of May. Too bad he is being born the exact opposite of the year as Evan or I'd have a lot more stuff to bring! See you soon!